Sponsored by Delaware Trust, a CSC Company
Cross-border restructurings involve a wide range of complex processes across jurisdictions. This webinar will address recent developments impacting formal and informal debt-restructuring procedures in the U.S. and Europe, practical issues for lawyers advising on cross-border debt-restructurings, key legal strategies regarding a cross-border debt-restructuring, and the role of management and directors involved in a restructuring exercise. Specifically, the panelists will delve into:
- the main challenges facing companies involved in cross-border restructurings and bankruptcy proceedings;
- the key legal and regulatory developments that will affect cross-border restructurings and insolvencies going forward;
- strategies for navigating the multiple legal systems and cultural differences that companies may face; and
- how multijurisdictional companies can prepare for cross-border restructurings and bankruptcy proceedings.
Tuesday, November 1, 2022
12:00-1:15 PM EDT
This webinar is free to attend, and CLE is available to members in qualifying states.*
Stephen D. Lerner
Squire Patton Boggs
* 1.25 hours of general CLE credit are available in the following pre-approved 60-minute-hour states (1.8 hours in 50-minute-hour states): AK, AL, AR, CA, DE, GA, IL, MO, NJ, PA, SC, TN, TX, VT, WI and WV. These states follow an approved-jurisdiction policy: AZ, CO, CT, NH and NY. ABI will submit attendance to DE, IL, NV, PA, TN and TX. Attendees from Illinois claiming credit more than 30 days after an event will be charged the $25 Illinois late-credit claim fee that went into effect on Jan. 1, 2020. For those jurisdictions not listed, ABI will not seek direct accreditation; attorneys will need to self-submit. Some states might not allow self-submission. ABI will issue certificates for attorneys to self-submit for approval. ABI charges an administrative fee of $5 for Members and $25 for non-members upon requesting CLE credit for this program. Further details will be provided the day of the event.