H.R. 30 Boating and Aviation Operation Safety Act of 1997
HR 30 IH
January 7, 1997
Mr. EHLERS introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary
- Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of
the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
- This Act may be cited as the `Boating and Aviation Operation
Safety Act of 1997'.
SEC. 2. AMENDMENT.
- Section 523(a)(9) of title 11, United States Code, is amended
by inserting `, watercraft, or aircraft' after `motor vehicle'.
SEC. 3. EFFECTIVE DATE; APPLICATION OF AMENDMENT.
- (a) EFFECTIVE DATE- Except as provided in subsection (b), this
Act and the amendment made by section 2 shall take effect on the date of
the enactment of this Act.
- (b) APPLICATION OF AMENDMENT- The amendment made by section 2
shall not apply with respect to cases commenced under title 11 of the
United States Code before the date of the enactment of this Act.