H.R. 3711 Parental Responsibility and Taxpayer Protection Amendment of 1998
HR 3711 IH
April 22, 1998
Mr. SMITH of Michigan introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary
- Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of
the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
- This Act may be cited as the `Parental Responsibility and
Taxpayer Protection Amendment of 1998'.
SEC. 2. AMENDMENT.
- Section 523(a) of title 11, United States Code, is
- (1) in paragraph (17) by striking `or' at the
- (2) in paragraph (18) by striking the period at the end and
inserting `; or', and
- (3) by adding at the end the following:
- `(19) to a governmental unit for a cost incurred for the
care or maintenance of a minor child of the debtor.'.
SEC. 3. APPLICABILITY OF AMENDMENT.
- The amendment made by section 2 shall not apply with respect to
cases commenced under title 11 of the United States Code before the date
of the enactment of this Act.