H.R. 5472 Protection of Family Farmers Act of 2002
Bill 2 of 4
There are 3 other versions of this bill.
|GPO's PDF version of this bill||References to this bill in the Congressional Record||Link to the Bill Summary & Status file.||Printer Friendly Display - 1,567 bytes.[Help]|
Protection of Family Farmers Act of 2002 (Engrossed as Agreed to or Passed by House)
To extend for 6 months the period for which chapter 12 of title 11 of the United States Code is reenacted.
HR 5472 EH
- Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
- This Act may be cited as the `Protection of Family Farmers Act of 2002'.
SEC. 2. 6-MONTH EXTENSION OF PERIOD FOR WHICH CHAPTER 12 OF TITLE 11 OF THE UNITED STATES CODE IS REENACTED.
- (a) AMENDMENTS- Section 149 of title I of division C of Public Law 105-277 is amended--
- (1) by striking `January 1, 2003' each place it appears and inserting `July 1, 2003'; and
- (2) in subsection (a)--
- (A) by striking `May 31, 2002' and inserting `December 31, 2002'; and
- (B) by striking `June 1, 2002' and inserting `January 1, 2003'.
- (b) EFFECTIVE DATE- The amendments made by subsection (a) shall take effect on January 1, 2003.
Passed the House of Representatives October 1, 2002.