ABI Announces 2018 "40 Under 40" Emerging Leaders in Insolvency Practice
Alexandria, Va.— ABI announces the honorees of its “40 Under 40” initiative, which identifies 40 top industry professionals under age 40. The honorees will be recognized at a special luncheon during ABI’s 2018 Winter Leadership Conference, taking place Dec. 6-8 at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess in Scottsdale, Ariz. ABI’s 2018 class of “40 Under 40” honorees are:
- Shawna Amarnani of KapilaMukamal LLP (St. Petersburg, Fla.)
- Laura Appleby of Chapman and Cutler LLP (New York)
- Nicholas Campbell of MERU (Atlanta)
- Katherine Catanese of Foley & Lardner (New York)
- Kara Coyle of Young Conaway Stargatt & Taylor, LLP (Wilmington, Del.)
- Kelly DiBlasi of Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP (New York)
- Jonathan Edwards of Alston & Bird (Atlanta)
- Rosa Evergreen of Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP (Washington, D.C.)
- Bradley Friedman of Ares Management LLC (Los Angeles)
- Christopher Gartman of Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP (New York)
- Shante George of Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (New York)
- Gordon Gouveia of Fox Rothschild LLP (Chicago)
- David Guess of Bienert, Miller & Katzman, PLC (San Clemente, Calif.)
- Adam Hirsch of Kutak Rock LLP (Denver)
- Maegan Hurley of Massachusetts Debt Relief Foundation, Inc. (Boston)
- Chad Husnick of Kirkland & Ellis LLP (Chicago)
- Hannah Hutman of Hoover Penrod, PLC (Harrisonburg, Va.)
- Vincent Indelicato of Proskauer Rose LLP (New York)
- Dalié Jiménez of University of California, Irvine School of Law (Irvine, Calif.)
- John Keyes of AlixPartners, LLP (New York)
- Brian Koenig of Koley Jessen P.C., L.L.O. (Omaha, Neb.)
- Alexa Kranzley of Sullivan & Cromwell LLP (New York)
- Stephanie Lieb of Trenam Law (Tampa, Fla.)
- Nishant Machado of Mackinac Partners (Santa Monica, Calif.)
- Jennifer Marines of Morrison & Foerster LLP (New York)
- Tim McDonagh of FTI Consulting (New York)
- Kerriann Mills of Sidley Austin LLP (Chicago)
- Lindsay Milne of Bernstein Shur Sawyer Nelson (Portland, Maine)
- Daniel Moss of Jones Day (Washington, D.C.)
- John Murphree of Maynard Cooper & Gale, P.C. (Birmingham, Ala.)
- Kyle Ortiz of Togut Law Firm (New York)
- Rebecca Redwine of Hendren, Redwine & Malone, PLLC (Raleigh, N.C.)
- Cherie Schaible of Ankura Consulting Group (New York)
- Justin Schmaltz of Alvarez & Marsal (Chicago)
- Joshua Searcy of Searcy and Searcy, PC (Longview, Texas)
- Kristina Stanger of Nyemaster Goode, P.C. (Des Moines, Iowa)
- Andrew Thau of Cantor Fitzgerald (New York)
- Jane VanLare of Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP (New York)
- Carolina Velaz Rivero of Marini Pietrantoni Muñiz LLC (San Juan)
- Eli Vonnegut of Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP (New York)
“The 2018 ABI ‘40 Under 40’ Class is already advancing the bankruptcy profession forward,” said ABI Executive Director Samuel J. Gerdano. “Each of these remarkable young men and women are attaining achievements not just in their professional careers, but also as leaders in their communities.”
Candidates were chosen from both large and small firms from every region of the country, and represent diverse practice areas such as law, finance, consulting, academia, government and more. Nominations were submitted earlier this year by candidates themselves or colleagues via the initiative’s website, http://abi40under40.org.
More than 200 candidates were evaluated.
A steering committee of experienced professionals from ABI’s current leadership established the criteria for selection and chose the honorees. Members of the steering committee are Katie Coleman of Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP (New York) (chair), Chief Bankruptcy Judge Daniel P. Collins (D. Ariz., Phoenix), Mark D. Collins of Richards, Layton & Finger (Wilmington, Del.), Rachel Lynn Foley of Foley Law (Independence, Mo.), Soneet Kapila of KapilaMukamal, LLP (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.), Douglas L. Lutz of Frost Brown Todd LLC (Cincinnati), Jennifer M. McLemore of Christian & Barton, L.L.P. (Richmond, Va.), Jennifer Meyerowitz of ZMA Consulting Group (Atlanta), Kimberly A. Posin of Latham & Watkins LLP (Los Angeles) and John F. Young of Markus Williams & Young LLC (Denver).
The goal of ABI’s “40 under 40” initiative is not simply to create a one-time ceremony, but to fully engage those selected as future leaders in the insolvency profession and to build on the initiative each year. ABI staff has created a year-round promotional campaign in the ABI Journal and at all of its CLE programs in consultation with the steering committee.
For more information about ABI’s “40 under 40” initiative, visit https://abi40under40.org/.
ABI is the largest multi-disciplinary, nonpartisan organization dedicated to research and education on matters related to insolvency. ABI was founded in 1982 to provide Congress and the public with unbiased analysis of bankruptcy issues. The ABI membership includes nearly 11,000 attorneys, accountants, bankers, judges, professors, lenders, turnaround specialists and other bankruptcy professionals, providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and information. For additional information on ABI, visit www.abi.org. For additional conference information, visit https://www.abi.org/calendar-of-events.