ABIS Complex Financial Restructuring Program Reenacts Corporate Bankruptcy Dealmaking
Contact: John Hartgen
ABI’S COMPLEX FINANCIAL RESTRUCTURING
PROGRAM REENACTS CORPORATE BANKRUPTCY DEALMAKING
June 6, 2008, Alexandria, Va. — The American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI) will hold its Eighth Annual Complex Financial Restructuring Program at the Four Seasons Hotel in Las Vegas, Sept. 4-5, 2008. The program offers a unique approach to understanding the role of investment bankers and financial advisors in insolvency and restructuring contexts. A case study will be presented that will dramatize the various perspectives of parties-in-interest as they examine strategic alternatives and seek the highest value for a troubled company. Leaders in the industry will play the role of the major constituents as they work through the case study in this day-long program. The program is presented by ABI's Investment Banking Committee and will be held in conjunction with the ABI 16th Annual Southwest Bankruptcy Conference.
Presenting the case study will be program co-chairs Lorie R. Beers of KPMG Corporate Finance LLC (New York) and Saul E. Burian of Houlihan Lokey (New York).
F. Duffield Meyercord of Carl Marks Advisory Group LLC (New York) will explain the perspective of the CEO and Craig V. Rasile of Hunton & Williams LLP (Miami) will present the role of the debtor’s counsel for the “Debtors’ Perspective” presentation.
The “Hiring the CRO” discussion will include Michael J. Epstein of CRG Partners (Boston), Rebecca A. Roof of AlixPartners LLP (New York) and Scott W. Winn of Kroll Inc. (New York).
The “Positions of the Case Constituents” portion of the program will be moderated by Saul E. Burian and Lorie R. Beers, with the panelists taking on the following roles:
· CEO: F. Duffield Meyercord of Carl Marks Advisory Group LLC (New York)
· Company Equity: Paul Halpern of Versa Capital Management, Inc. (Philadelphia)
· Counsel to Company Craig V. Rasile of Hunton & Williams LLP (Miami)
· Investment Banker: Martin F. Lewis of Greenhill & Co. (New York)
· Senior Lender: Penny Friedman of CIT Group (Chicago)
· Senior Lender Counsel: Ira L. Herman of Thompson & Knight LLP (New York)
· Indenture Trustee: James J. McGinley of the Wilmington Trust Co. (New York)
· Trade Creditor: Judith Elkin of Haynes and Boone, LLP (New York)
· Purchase Noteholders: Joel M. Walker of Duane Morris LLP (Pittsburgh)
· Crisis Managers: Michael J. Epstein of CRG Partners (Boston) and Scott W. Winn of Kroll Inc. (New York)
· Bondholders: Jonathan P. Friedland of Levenfeld Pearlstein, LLC (Chicago)
The first team presentation will feature Nancy A. Mitchell of Greenberg Traurig, LLP (New York) playing the role of the lawyer and J. Scott Victor of National City Capital Markets (West Conshohocken, Pa.) in the role of the investment banker.
The second team presentation will feature the practitioners in the following roles:
· Bondholder: Jonathan P. Friedland of Levenfeld Pearlstein, LLC (Chicago)
· Investment Banker: Andrew Torgove of Lazard Middle Market (New York)
· Counsel: John J. Monaghan of Holland & Knight LLP (Boston)
Program attendees will also be able to attend a special presentation featuring Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens, moderated by ABI Executive Director Samuel J. Gerdano and Bankruptcy Judges James D. Gregg (W.D. Mich.; Grand Rapids) and Eugene R. Wedoff (N.D. Ill.; Chicago).
For more information on ABI’s Eighth Annual Corporate Financial Restructuring Program, please visit www.abiworld.org/CFRP08 <http://www.abiworld.org/CFRP08> .
ABI is the largest multi-disciplinary, nonpartisan organization dedicated to research and education on matters related to insolvency. ABI was founded in 1982 to provide Congress and the public with unbiased analysis of bankruptcy issues. The ABI membership includes nearly 11,700 attorneys, accountants, bankers, judges, professors, lenders, turnaround specialists and other bankruptcy professionals, providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and information. For additional information on ABI, visit www.abiworld.org. For additional conference information, visit http://www.abiworld.org/conferences.html.
Friday, June 6, 2008