Chapter 11 Financing, Agricultural Bankruptcies, Consumer Commission Recommendations and More to Be Discussed at ABI’s 2019 Southeast Bankruptcy Workshop
Alexandria, Va. — Eight bankruptcy judges and more than 300 attendees will gather to discuss the latest bankruptcy topics at ABI’s 2019 Southeast Bankruptcy Workshop on July 18-21 at The Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island, in Amelia Island, Fla. The workshop brings together the region’s top insolvency professionals for four days of intense learning and networking. A faculty of outstanding judges, academics and practitioners will present workshops on the hottest topics of the day, including separate tracks for business, consumer and skill-focused sessions. Attendees will also have the opportunity to earn 12/14 hours of CLE/CPE credit, including 1.5 hours of ethics.
Program co-chairs for the Southeast Bankruptcy Workshop are David K. Bowsher of Adams and Reese LLP (Birmingham, Ala.) and Jennifer M. McLemore of Williams Mullen (Richmond, Va.). The judicial chair for the workshop is Bankruptcy Judge Benjamin A. Kahn (M.D.N.C.; Greensboro).
General sessions at the Southeast Bankruptcy Workshop include:
- Protect Your Privates: Cybersecurity, Data Breaches and Other Privacy-Related Ethical Considerations During Bankruptcy
- Judicial Merry-Go-Round
Business track sessions include:
- Agricultural Bankruptcies
- Pre-Petition Pitfalls: How to Plan, Questions to Ask & Things to Avoid
- Retention Issues
- Chapter 11 Financing: Roll-Ups, Roll-Overs and Creeping Roll-Overs
- Bankruptcy & Class Action Convergence
- Business Case Law Update
Consumer track sessions include:
- All Things Motor Vehicles in Bankruptcy
- Taking Your Individual Chapter 11 Through Plan Confirmation
- Consumer Commission: Final Report & Discussion
- Consumer Law Developments
- Debtor Toolbox: How to Effectively Address Mortgage-Servicing Issues
Skills track sessions include:
- Mediation Strategies in Chapter 11
- Evidentiary Focus on Deposition, Cross-Examination & Testimony Prep
- Experts: Who, What, When & Where
For more information about the program, please visit https://www.abi.org/events/2019-southeast-bankruptcy-workshop. Members of the press that would like to attend ABI’s 2019 Southeast Bankruptcy Workshop should contact ABI Public Affairs Manager John Hartgen at 703-894-5935 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABI is the largest multi-disciplinary, nonpartisan organization dedicated to research and education on matters related to insolvency. ABI was founded in 1982 to provide Congress and the public with unbiased analysis of bankruptcy issues. The ABI membership includes nearly 11,000 attorneys, accountants, bankers, judges, professors, lenders, turnaround specialists and other bankruptcy professionals, providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and information. For additional information on ABI, visit www.abiworld.org. For additional conference information, visit http://www.abi.org/calendar-of-events.