Health Care Insolvencies, Restaurant Industry Distress, Appeals in Consumer Bankruptcy and More to Be Discussed at ABI's 23rd Annual Southeast Bankruptcy Workshop
Alexandria, Va. — Eight bankruptcy judges and more than 300 attendees will gather to discuss the latest bankruptcy topics at ABI’s 23rd Annual Southeast Bankruptcy Workshop on July 26-29 at The Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island, in Amelia Island, Fla. The workshop brings together the region’s top insolvency professionals for four days of intense learning and networking. A faculty of outstanding judges, academics and practitioners will present workshops on the hottest topics of the day, including separate tracks for business, consumer and new practitioners. Attendees will also have the opportunity to earn 12/14 hours of CLE/CPE credit, including 1.5 hours of ethics.
Program co-chairs for the Southeast Bankruptcy Workshop are David K. Bowsher of Adams and Reese LLP (Birmingham, Ala.) and W. Austin Jowers of King & Spalding (Atlanta). The judicial chair for the workshop is Bankruptcy Judge John E. Waites (D. S.C.; Columbia).
General sessions at the Southeast Bankruptcy Workshop include:
- Why Not Here? An Examination of Why More Chapter 11 Business Cases Aren’t Filed in the Southeast
- Rescuing Hospitals from the Emergency Room
- Restaurant Bankruptcies and Restructurings: The Next Big Wave in Retail Insolvencies?
- D & O Insurance Coverage: “The Rest of the Story”
- The Curious Case of the LLC: Often Used, but Rarely Understood
- The Best-Laid Plans...
- Case Updates: Business and Consumer Law Developments
- Enhancing Justice, Reducing Bias: Examining the Bankruptcy System
- Judicial Merry-Go-Round
Consumer track sessions include:
- The Bankruptcy Rules Seven Months Later: New Model Chapter 13 Plan, New Secured Proof of Claim Filing Requirement, and Other Changes
- All Things Discharge
- Appeals in Consumer Bankruptcy
Skills/Young lawyer track sessions include:
- Accounting in the Bankruptcy Context
- How the Three Little “Ps” — Pitching, Presentation and Performance — Can Blow Your Audience Away
- Litigation Skills
For more information about the program, please visit https://www.abi.org/events/23rd-annual-southeast-bankruptcy-workshop. Members of the press that would like to attend ABI’s 23rd Annual Southeast Bankruptcy Workshop should contact ABI Public Affairs Manager John Hartgen at 703-894-5935 or email@example.com.
ABI is the largest multi-disciplinary, nonpartisan organization dedicated to research and education on matters related to insolvency. ABI was founded in 1982 to provide Congress and the public with unbiased analysis of bankruptcy issues. The ABI membership includes nearly 12,000 attorneys, accountants, bankers, judges, professors, lenders, turnaround specialists and other bankruptcy professionals, providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and information. For additional information on ABI, visit www.abiworld.org. For additional conference information, visit http://www.abi.org/calendar-of-events.