Involuntary Bankruptcy Proceedings, Role of Government Agencies in Chapter 11, Tax Claims and More to Be Discussed at ABI's 26th Annual Southwest Bankruptcy Conference Sept. 6-8
Alexandria, Va. – ABI’s popular 26th Annual Southwest Bankruptcy Conference will be held Sept. 6-8 at the Four Seasons Hotel in Las Vegas. An outstanding faculty of leading judges, noted academics and prominent industry professionals will present sessions on a variety of topics for both consumer and business practitioners. The conference will feature ABI’s popular Very Good Debates series, a lively luncheon program titled, “The $1B Pyramid of Debt,” and a Judges’ Roundtable featuring Q&A with bankruptcy judges from the Ninth Circuit and across the country. Program co-chairs for the Southwest Bankruptcy Conference are John W. Lucas of Pachulski Stang Ziehl & Jones LLP (San Francisco) and Randy Nussbaum of Sacks Tierney P.A. (Scottsdale, Ariz.). The sponsorship chair is Patrick A. Clisham of Engelman Berger, PC (Phoenix), and the judicial co-chairs are Bankruptcy Judges Martin R. Barash (C.D. Cal.; Woodland Hills) and Daniel P. Collins (D. Ariz.; Phoenix). Attendees have the opportunity to earn 9/10.5 hours of CLE/ CPE credit, including 2.5/3 hours of ethics credit.
Timely topics for the panel sessions include:
- What Are the Limits of Sale, Plan and Constitutional Mootness?
- Update Regarding Automatic Stay and Discharge Issues
- Be Careful What You Ask For: Risks and Benefits of Involuntary Bankruptcy Filings
- How to Handle Challenging Clients and Conflict Issues in Individual Cases
- Winding Down Companies When Bankruptcy Is Not an Option
- Ins and Outs of Dealing with Tax Claims
- Post-Confirmation Liquidating and Litigation Trusts
- The Role of Governmental Agencies in Chapter 11 Cases
- Cutting-Edge Issues in Avoidance Actions
- The ABCs of Electronic Currencies
- Hotcakes and Hot Topics: Judges’ Roundtable Q&A
- Ethics Roundtable
For a list of speakers and additional details about the Southwest Bankruptcy Conference, please click here. Press looking to attend the Southwest Bankruptcy Conference should contact John Hartgen at 703-894-5935 or firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a press pass.
ABI is the largest multi-disciplinary, nonpartisan organization dedicated to research and education on matters related to insolvency. ABI was founded in 1982 to provide Congress and the public with unbiased analysis of bankruptcy issues. The ABI membership includes nearly 12,000 attorneys, accountants, bankers, judges, professors, lenders, turnaround specialists and other bankruptcy professionals, providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and information. For additional information on ABI, visit www.abiworld.org. For additional conference information, visit http://www.abi.org/calendar-of-events.