New Officers and Directors Elected During ABI's 2019 Annual Spring Meeting
Alexandria, Va. — The following members of the American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI) were elected to leadership positions as officers and directors during ABI’s 2019 Annual Spring Meeting, held April 11-14 in Washington, D.C.:
Alane A. Becket of Becket & Lee, LLP (Malvern, Pa.) becomes ABI President for a one-year term, succeeding Ted Gavin of Gavin/Solmonese LLC (Wilmington, Del.) who now assumes the position of Immediate Past President. Hon. Barbara J. Houser (N.D. Tex., Dallas), formerly ABI’s Vice President-Research Grants, was named President-Elect and will become President in April 2020. Retired Bankruptcy Judge Eugene R. Wedoff (Chicago) succeeds Jeffrey N. Pomerantz of Pachulski Stang Ziehl & Jones LLP (Los Angeles) as Chairman of the Board for a one-year term.
Hon. Michelle Harner (D. Md.; Baltimore) was elected to serve a two-year term succeeding Hon. Barbara Houser as ABI Vice President-Research Grants. Doug Lutz of Frost Brown Todd LLC (Cincinnati) was elected to a full term as Vice President-Education. Hon. Bruce A. Harwood (D. N.H.; Concord) was elected to serve as Secretary. Soneet R. Kapila of KapilaMukamal, LLP (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) and Eve H. Karasik of Levene, Neale, Bender, Yoo & Brill LLP (Los Angeles) were elected as at-large members of the Executive Committee.
Fourteen ABI members were elected to their first terms on the ABI Board of Directors:
- Hon. Janet S. Baer (N.D. Ill.; Chicago)
- Patrick Clisham of Engelman Berger, PC (Phoenix)
- Eric Fromme of Theodora Oringher PC (Costa Mesa, Calif.)
- Paul Hage of of Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss (Southfield, Mich.)
- Jennifer Kimble of Lowenstein Sandler LLP (New York)
- John Lucas of Pachulski Stang Ziehl & Jones (Los Angeles)
- Eric Madden of Reid Collins & Tsai LLP (Dallas)
- Jennifer McLemore of Williams Mullen (Richmond, Va.)
- Jennifer Meyerowitz of Summit Investment Management LLC (Atlanta)
- Steve Spitzer of AlixPartners, LLP (New York)
- James E. Van Horn of Barnes & Thornburg (Washington, D.C.)
- Eric E. Walker of Perkins Coie (Chicago)
- Donald Workman of BakerHostetler (Washington, D.C.)
- Clifford A. Zucker of FTI Consulting (New York)
There are 60 members on the ABI Board of Directors. The complete list of directors and officers is available at http://www.abi.org/about-us/board-directors.
ABI is the largest multi-disciplinary, nonpartisan organization dedicated to research and education on matters related to insolvency. ABI was founded in 1982 to provide Congress and the public with unbiased analysis of bankruptcy issues. The ABI membership includes nearly 11,000 attorneys, accountants, bankers, judges, professors, lenders, turnaround specialists and other bankruptcy professionals, providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and information. For additional information on ABI, visit www.abiworld.org. For additional conference information, visit http://www.abi.org/calendar-of-events.