New Officers and Directors Elected During ABI's 33rd Annual Spring Meeting
April 21, 2015, Alexandria, Va. — The following members of the American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI) were elected to leadership positions as officers and directors during ABI’s 33rd Annual Spring Meeting, held April 16-19 in Washington, D.C.:
James Patrick Shea of Armstrong Teasdale LLP (Las Vegas) becomes ABI President for a one-year term, succeeding Brian L. Shaw of Shaw Fishman Glantz & Towbin LLC (Chicago), who now assumes the position of Immediate-Past President. Jeffrey N. Pomerantz of Pachulski Stang Ziehl & Jones LLP (Los Angeles), formerly ABI Vice President- Education, was named President-Elect and will become President in April 2016. Patricia A. Redmond of Stearns, Weaver, Miller, Weissler, Ahadeff & Sitterson, PA (Miami) succeeds James T. Markus of Markus Williams Young & Zimmermann LLC (Denver) as Chairman of the Board for a one-year term.
Douglas E. Deutsch of Chadbourne & Parke, LLP (New York) was named to a two-year term as ABI Vice President-Education, succeeding Jeffrey N. Pomerantz. Bankruptcy Judge Dennis R. Dow (W.D. Mo.; Kansas City), who was elected to serve as Secretary, succeeding Rudy J. Cerone of McGlinchey Stafford, PLLC (New Orleans, La.). Newly named to ABI’s 17-member Executive Committee are Bankruptcy Judge Eugene R. Wedoff (N.D. Ill.; Chicago), Damian S. Schaible of Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP (New York) and Douglas Lutz of Frost Brown Todd (Cincinnati).
Twelve ABI members were elected to their first term on the ABI Board of Directors:
- Paul H. Deutch of Rust Omni (New York)
- Prof. Michelle M. Harner of the University of Maryland School of Law (Baltimore)
- William H. Henrich of Getzler Henrich & Associates LLC (New York)
- Thomas M. Horan of Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice, LLP (Wilmington, Del.)
- Eve H. Karasik of Levene Neale Bender Yoo & Brill (Los Angeles)
- Teresa C. Kohl of SSG Capital Advisors, LLC (New York)
- Richard S. Lauter of Freeborn & Peters, LLP (Chicago)
- Franklind Davis Lea of Tactical Financial Consulting, LLC (Atlanta)
- David P. Leibowitz of Lakelaw (Chicago)
- Jerry M. Markowitz of Markowitz, Ringel, Trusty + Hartog, P.A. (Miami)
- Kelly Beaudin Stapleton of Alvarez & Marsal (New York)
- Risa Lynn Wolf-Smith of Holland & Hart LLP (Denver)
There are 60 members on the ABI Board of Directors. The complete list of directors and officers is available at http://www.abi.org/about-us/board-directors
ABI is the largest multi-disciplinary, nonpartisan organization dedicated to research and education on matters related to insolvency. ABI was founded in 1982 to provide Congress and the public with unbiased analysis of bankruptcy issues. The ABI membership includes more than 12,000 attorneys, accountants, bankers, judges, professors, lenders, turnaround specialists and other bankruptcy professionals, providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and information. For additional information on ABI, visit www.abiworld.org. For additional conference information, visit http://www.abiworld.org/conferences.html.