Dilemmas for Landlords During COVID-19 Pandemic, Sale of Health Care Assets and Cross-Border Issues Among the Topics to Be Discussed at ABI's Winter Leadership Conference on December 3-4
Alexandria, Va. – For the safety of our speakers and attendees during the COVID-19 pandemic, ABI’s annual Winter Leadership Conference has been converted to an innovative online format for 2020. Experts will speak on key issues facing the profession now and heading into 2021 as 13 plenary and concurrent sessions will be held on the afternoons of December 3 and 4, and will include ample networking on both days. Attendees will be able to take part in the conference from the comfort of their home or office while earning up to 8.75/10.5 hours of CLE/CPE credit, including 1.25/1.5 hours of ethics.
Sessions at the Winter Leadership Conference include:
- Hot Topics with Bill Rochelle
- Anatomy of a Pharmaceutical Bankruptcy Case
- Money Talks: Getting Retained and Paid (Ethically) by the Bankruptcy Estate
- Witness Preparation: A Roundtable Discussion
- Peace Bridge, or Bridge of Sighs: Cross-Border Mediation of Insolvency-Related Disputes
- “Too Many Hats”: The Peculiar Problems and Challenges that Arise When an Equity Sponsor/Secured Lender Is DIP Lender/Stalking-Horse Buyer in a Chapter 11 Case
- A Catch-22: Dilemmas for Landlords in the Era of COVID-19
- Judicial Round-and-Round
- But I’m Afraid of Needles: The Sale of Health Care Assets, sponsored by BakerHostetler
- Consumer Commission Report: Top 10 Wish List
- Opportunities and Challenges Associated with Early-in-the-Case § 363 Sales
- Do This, Not That: Ethics Roundtable
- Navigating Distressed Investing, Sales and Technology: Protecting Your Sale Process, Your Investments and Your Hide
The ABI Endowment will also be holding a special virtual wine tasting event on the evening of December 2 to benefit The Anthony H.N. Schnelling Endowment Fund. Sponsored by Cozen O'Connor, Polsinelli and SSG Capital Advisors LLC, the event features four premium small-batch wines chosen by America’s first Master Sommelier Eddie Osterland.
For more information about the conference, please click here. Members of the press that would like to attend the Winter Leadership Conference should contact ABI Public Affairs Officer John Hartgen at 703-894-5935 or [email protected]
ABI is the largest multi-disciplinary, nonpartisan organization dedicated to research and education on matters related to insolvency. ABI was founded in 1982 to provide Congress and the public with unbiased analysis of bankruptcy issues. The ABI membership includes nearly 11,000 attorneys, accountants, bankers, judges, professors, lenders, turnaround specialists and other bankruptcy professionals, providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and information. For additional information on ABI, visit www.abiworld.org. For additional conference information, visit http://www.abi.org/calendar-of-events.