ABI Announces "40 Under 40" Emerging Leaders in Insolvency Practice
Alexandria, Va.— ABI announces the honorees of its “40 under 40” initiative identifying 40 top industry professionals under age 40. The honorees will be recognized at a special luncheon during ABI’s 2017 Winter Leadership Conference, taking place Nov. 30-Dec. 2 at the La Quinta Resort & Club in Palm Springs, Calif. ABI’s inaugural “40 under 40” honorees are:
- Omar Alaniz of Baker Botts LLP
- Vincent Alexander of Kozyak Tropin & Throckmorton, LLP
- Brian Anderson of Nexsen Pruet, PLLC
- Adam Ballinger of Lindquist & Vennum
- Prof. Anthony Casey of The University of Chicago Law School
- Matthew Faga of Markus Williams Young & Zimmermann LLC
- Jeremy Fischer of Drummond Woodsum
- Ryan Foley of Shook Hardy & Bacon, LLP
- Miriam Goott of Walker & Patterson, P.C.
- Elizabeth Gunn Commonwealth of Virginia, Office of the Attorney General
- Paul Hage of Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss, P.C.
- Monique Hayes of Goldstein & McClintock LLLP
- Whitman Holt of Klee, Tuchin, Bogdanoff & Stern LLP
- Ariane Holtschlag of FactorLaw
- James Irving of Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP
- Shanti Katona of Polsinelli PC
- Jeannie Kim of Buchalter
- Jennifer Kimble of Prime Clerk
- Brian Lohan of Sidley Austin LLP
- Justin Luna of Latham, Shuker, Eden & Beaudine, LLP
- Robert Marticello of Smiley Wang-Ekvall, LLP
- Ryan Maupin of Grant Thornton LLP
- Kathryn McGlynn of Deloitte
- Kate Nicholson of Nicholson Herrick LLP
- Christine Okike of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Oscar Pinkas of Dentons US LLP
- Shane Ramsey of Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Luis Rivera of Henderson Franklin Starnes & Holt, P.A.
- Melissa Root of Jenner & Block LLP
- Oksana Rosaluk of DLA Piper LLP
- Summer Shaw of Doling Shaw & Hanover, APC
- Sage Sigler of Alston & Bird LLP
- Zachary Smith of Moore & Van Allen, PLLC
- Cullen Speckhart of Wolcott Rivers Gates
- Joshua Sussberg of Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Elizabeth Vandesteeg of Sugar Felsenthal Grais & Hammer LLP
- Eric Walker of Perkins Coie LLP
- Andrea Wimmer of Marco | Wimmer PLLC
- Anupama Yerramalli of Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel
- Blanche Zelmanovich of CBIZ Corporate Recovery Services
“Each of these 40 young men and women are distinguished by their extraordinary professional accomplishments and leadership in their communities,” said ABI Executive Director Samuel J. Gerdano.
Candidates were chosen from both large and small firms from every region of the country, and represent diverse practice areas such as law, finance, consulting, academia, government and more. Nominations were submitted earlier this year by candidates themselves or colleagues via the initiative’s website, http://abi40under40.org.
Nearly 200 candidates were evaluated.
A steering committee of experienced professionals from ABI’s current leadership established the criteria for selection and chose the honorees. Members of the steering committee are Patricia Redmond (chair) of Stearns, Weaver, Miller, Weissler, Alhadeff & Sitterson, P.A. (Miami), Nina Parker of Parker and Associates (Winchester, Mass.), Soneet Kapila of KapilaMukamal, LLP (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.), Katie Coleman of Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP (New York), Derek Abbott of Morris Nichols Arsht & Tunnell (Wilmington, Del.), Eve Karasik of Levene, Neale, Bender, Yoo & Brill (Los Angeles), Doug Lutz Frost Brown Todd LLC (Cincinnati), Judge Deborah L. Thorne (N.D. Ill.; Chicago) of Illinois, Risa Wolf-Smith of Holland & Hart LLP (Denver) and ABI President Hon. Gene Wedoff (ret.).
The goal of ABI’s “40 under 40” initiative is not simply to create a one-time ceremony, but to fully engage those selected as future leaders in the insolvency profession and to build on the initiative each year. ABI staff has created a year-round promotional campaign in the ABI Journal and at all of its CLE programs in consultation with the steering committee.
For more information about ABI’s “40 under 40” initiative, visit http://abi40under40.org/.
ABI is the largest multi-disciplinary, nonpartisan organization dedicated to research and education on matters related to insolvency. ABI was founded in 1982 to provide Congress and the public with unbiased analysis of bankruptcy issues. The ABI membership includes more than 12,000 attorneys, accountants, bankers, judges, professors, lenders, turnaround specialists and other bankruptcy professionals, providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and information. For additional information on ABI, visit www.abi.org. For additional conference information, visit http://www.abi.org/calendar-of-events.