Issues in Retail Valuation, Distressed Higher Ed and Health Care, Energy Restructurings and more to be Discussed at VALCON 2018
Alexandria, Va. — Leading bankruptcy professionals and dealmakers will converge at “VALCON 2018: Cutting-Edge Valuation Solutions,” taking place at the Four Seasons Hotel in Las Vegas May 16-18, 2018. Sponsored by the American Bankruptcy Institute and the Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors, the conference will feature up to 14.25/17 hours of CLE/CPE credit, including 1 hour of ethics. There will also be a special “VALCON Talks: What I’d Change About the Corporate Bankruptcy System” session modeled after the incredibly popular “TED Talks” format, with four bankruptcy experts discussing changes they would make to the corporate bankruptcy system. Thomas Studebaker of AlixPartners LLP (Boston) and Patricia B. Tomasco of Jackson Walker LLP (Houston) are the co-chairs for the conference.
- Valuations: Art or Science? Where We’ve Been and Where We’re Going
- Bridging the Gap: Rights Offerings and Other Paths to Exit Bankruptcy
- Case Study: Valuing and Restructuring Distressed Companies in the Face of Financial and Operational Headwinds
- When Is Adequate Protection Not Adequate?
- Energy Restructuring: Looking Forward and Backward
- Comparative Restructuring Laws as Value-Drivers
- Navigating Issues in Fraudulent Transfers
- Issues in Retail Valuations
- Indicators of Future Distress
- Judicial Panel
- Distressed Higher Ed and Health Care Topics in Valuation
- Special Problems Presenting Financial Consultants as Expert Witnesses and Ethics Hot Topics
For a program schedule and full list of speakers, please click here.
Members of the press looking to attend the VALCON 2018 conference should contact ABI Public Affairs Manager John Hartgen at 703-894-5935 or email@example.com.
ABI is the largest multi-disciplinary, nonpartisan organization dedicated to research and education on matters related to insolvency. ABI was founded in 1982 to provide Congress and the public with unbiased analysis of bankruptcy issues. The ABI membership includes more than 12,000 attorneys, accountants, bankers, judges, professors, lenders, turnaround specialists and other bankruptcy professionals, providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and information. For additional information on ABI, visit www.abiworld.org. For additional conference information, visit http://www.abi.org/calendar-of-events.