ABI's 2020 Caribbean Insolvency Symposium Returns to Puerto Rico to Examine Cross-Border Issues, Student Loan Debt, Financial Advisors' Role in Bankruptcy and More on Feb. 3-5, 2020
Alexandria, Va. —ABI’s 2020 Caribbean Insolvency Symposium returns to Puerto Rico on Feb. 3-5, 2020, at the El San Juan Hotel in Carolina, Puerto Rico. This educational program has been developed to provide attendees with an interactive learning experience led by a faculty of prominent national and regional bankruptcy judges, as well as experienced practitioners. In addition to concurrent sessions, the Symposium will also feature session tracks tailored specifically for business and consumer practitioners, and a new track for financial advisors. Attendees have the opportunity to earn up to 12.6/12.5 hours of CLE/CPE credit, including up to 1.8/1.5 hours of ethics!
The Impact of Technology on the Legal Profession, and Ethical Considerations to Avoid Malpractice
- Chapter 15 and Cross-Border Asset-Recovery Update
- Future Claims, Mass Torts, Channeling Injunctions and Nonconsensual Releases in Chapter 11 Plans
- The Bankruptcy Trustee vs. Uncle Sam: Dividing the Proceeds of the Crime
- A Primer on Small Business Bankruptcies and How to Confirm Plans in Small Business Cases
- Chapter 11: Practical Skills and Case Law Update
- Cannabis Businesses and Cannabis-Related Income Streams in Chapter 11 Cases
- Final Report of the ABI Consumer Commission
- Student Loan Update and the State of Higher Education Across Jurisdictions
- Consumer Bankruptcy Concerns, Both Present and Developing
- Recent Developments in Chapter 13, Parts 1 & 2
Financial Advisors Track:
- Bankruptcy 101: Bankruptcy Basics for Financial Advisors
- Financial Advisor’s Role in Business Bankruptcy Cases
- Financial Advisor’s Role in Complex Chapter 11 Cases
Click here for the full schedule and list of speakers.
If you are a member of the press and would like to attend the Caribbean Insolvency Symposium, please contact ABI Public Affairs Officer John Hartgen at 703-894-5935 or email@example.com. Full information on ABI’s 2020 Caribbean Insolvency Symposium, including sponsors, optional events and rates, can be found at https://www.abi.org/events/2020-caribbean-insolvency-symposium.
ABI is the largest multi-disciplinary, nonpartisan organization dedicated to research and education on matters related to insolvency. ABI was founded in 1982 to provide Congress and the public with unbiased analysis of bankruptcy issues. The ABI membership includes nearly 11,000 attorneys, accountants, bankers, judges, professors, lenders, turnaround specialists and other bankruptcy professionals, providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and information. For additional information on ABI, visit www.abiworld.org. For additional conference information, visit http://www.abi.org/calendar-of-events
To enable the admission of Puerto Rico as a State of the Union, and for other purposes.